On 05-10-2022, the contract for the study “UPGRADING OF THE PUBLIC SPACE AREA OF THE CENTER OF THE CITY OF SERRES” was signed between the Municipality of Serres and “GAIA SA”. The study includes the Architecture, the Electromechanical and the Phytotechnical study for the regeneration of the center of the city of Serres.
The project includes the preparation of architectural detailed studies, electromechanical street lighting detailed studies and phytotechnical detailed studies.
The object of the study will be the regeneration of the above individual areas in combination with their functional and aesthetic integration. The individual objectives of the study are:
- The functional and aesthetic upgrade with the ultimate goal of highlighting the special character of the city and the shopping center in the area.
- The reconnection of the area with the special character that surrounds it (nature) and the restoration of the natural element in the public space.
- The organization of parking areas.
- The creation of an attractive environment for residents and visitors, which will become a center of the social life of the place.
- The connection of the public space with the private, of the public urban space with the commercial sector of the area.
- Accessibility for the disabled people
- Strengthening the ecological dimension by improving the microclimate.