On 11-03-2022, the contract for the assignment of the study of the subject was signed, between “GAIA S.A. MELETON D. MAMOUNIS & SIA” and the University of Piraeus. The object of the study is the specialization of the interventions that must be implemented in the building of the University of Piraeus so that it can be upgraded to category A in terms of energy efficiency and, on the other hand, be included in the NSRF Funding Program. In this context, a mapping study, an energy study (KENAK), a final and an application study (architectural and electromechanical) will be prepared.
The proposed interventions for the energy upgrade of the building included in the study are the following:
- Thermal facade system (throughout the building shell)
- Replacement of frames and glass panes
- Thermal insulation & waterproofing of the roof
- Lighting upgrade
- Installation of a Building Energy Management System (BEMS)
- Installation of a photovoltaic system with the possibility of net metering